Members of our community over 65 have opportunities to maintain their health and wellbeing.
What we envision:
- Greater Williamsburg will be an age friendly community where residents over 65 have access to services and programs that maintain or improve their quality of life.
- Organizations supporting senior citizens have the resources necessary to thrive and grow.
What we support:
- Programs and services that help older adults stay informed, healthy, and engaged.
- Programs that increase the capacity of local organizations to support senior citizens who wish to age in place.
- Respite care or support groups for families of those with Alzheimer’s or other disease that requires home care services.
What we measure:
- Number of residents served
- Number of residents who are able to stay in their homes due to services provided.
What we know:
What is an age-friendly world? (See World Health Organization)
It is a place that enables people of all ages to actively participate in community activities. It is a place that treats everyone with respect, regardless of their age. It is a place that makes it easy to stay connected to those around you and those you love. It is a place that helps people stay healthy and active even at the oldest ages. And it is a place that helps those who can no longer look after themselves to live with dignity and enjoyment.
How to Contribute:- click here to contribute to the Community Fund for Senior Quality of Life or call us at 757-259-1660 for more information.