Resources are available to improve the quality of health and well-being for all residents.
What we envision:
- Adult residents are connected to resources and services that meet their health, education, nutrition, physical fitness and safety needs regardless of their financial capacity.
What we support:
- Programs that improve the quality of life for lower income residents.
- Educational and therapeutic programs that enable adults with low literacy and special needs to more fully participate in community life.
- Direct support through local nonprofit providers for specific wellness needs, i.e. healthy meals, housing, transportation, etc.
- Support for other aspects of community life that improve wellbeing for area residents.
- Support for veterans and their families.
What we measure:
- How many clients are served.
- How the program enables residents to have a better quality of life going forward
What we know:
Health Literacy Fact Sheet
(Center for Health Care Strategies)
(U.S. Census Bureau)
A Guide to Community Health Data in Virginia (Williamsburg Community Health Foundation)
A Guide to Health & Human Services (Greater Williamsburg Network of Care)
Community Health Needs Assessment 2016 (Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital)
How to Contribute:click here to contribute to the Community Health & Wellness Fund or call us at 757-259-1660 for more information.